Monday, April 4, 2011

Turkey Hunting


The first weekend in April we went up to The Outback Quail Club and turkey hunted Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Mickey (Davids mom) came up with us to watch Channing while we hunted. I love/hate going up there. Mrs. Carol makes the best and most fattening food that i can never resist so i love it because its amazing and I hate it because I always come back fatter haha. Friday we couldn't get Channing to go to bed because it was the first night not breast feeding her to sleep so she stayed up wayyyy late past 12 and then tossed and turned the whole night next to me and finally got up at 3. We left to go hunt at 5 in the morning, yes i got a total of 3 hours of sleep yay, and both days I shot my bird before 9..yes I'm that good lol. This year the gobblers weren't interested in the hens calling they would only come after other gobblers. I would also like to say that I got the first bird of the season and the biggest bird and got two in one shot like every year : ) .

After the first day of hunting I got the first bird David got the biggest bird that day and Mom and Dad both got a bird

Channing compared to the birds..she is still a little peanut : )

Our little family <3

The last day hunting with all of our birds and our guides..total score..david 2, kacey 2, natalie 1, nicole 1, mom 2, dad 2 our guides were George, John Michael, and Altan



p.s. last year this was the first week that i was preggo and i had no idea..funny how a year changes things
Channing with her Grammie Grammie loves her

1 comment:

  1. I love this and the photos!! I'm going to get caught up on mine soon--ish...haha probably next week lol

    ReplyDelete