Monday, April 11, 2011

April Fools


April Fools day fell on the Friday that we were up turkey hunting so I decided to get the whole family in on pranking David. When I was deciding what prank I should do on David I tried to brain storm things that would REALLY freak him out and the one that he would freak the most on is if I was pregnant. I know this isn't an original one but it's a classic so i had to give it a go. I had left over hcg from when I worked at this diet clinic so i thought that it would make the pregnancy test turn positive because that is the pregnancy hormone that it detects. So Mickey (Davids mom) and I waited until David went to take a nap and then went about trying to get the tests to turn positive, it didn't work but we decided to do it anyway and hope David wasn't an expert on pregnancy tests and wouldn't know what the negative and positive signs were. We put the tests on the back of the toilet with a sign that said congrats filled everyone in on the plan and went for a walk and waited for him to wake up. We all sat down for dinner expecting David to say something, he never did, so eventually i asked him if he would be really upset if i was pregnant. (I had been acting like I was pregnant for a week to fake him out easier : ) haha) He responding by saying "your not pregnant", I told him to go look on the back of the toilet. He immediately jumped up and went and looked when he came back Mickey was like " there is some things you joke about and some things you don't". My mom played along and began to scold us for not being careful etc. , by this point he started to look pail and was fooled for sure. I then started cracking up laughing and told him the truth. As much as we love our Channing we just simply couldn't handle another one anytime soon. It was a good laugh and a great prank.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! This reminds me of those commecials "1 in ever 4 pregnancy tests in misread, so buy our brand because it gives you more accurate results." I guess they're right...

    ReplyDelete